background

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm horrified and saddened

I typically avoid political and religious posts. Tonight, however, I can't. Have you heard about the Catholic school teacher fired because she was seeking fertility treatments? The school's priest made some ugly and hurtful statements. He called her a "grave, immoral sinner", and said that fertility treatments are:
You can check out the article here if you'd like.

I realize that the Catholic religion is against using alternate methods to get pregnant but it seems so very archaic to me. This isn't the only issue I've had either.  The other main one is sexuality.  I can't go to one of the church's in our area after learning that they won't let gay/lesbian students attend confirmation classes. To listen to a 16 year old girl have to tell me why she's not welcome there... how can I go and pretend that I'm ok with that?

There is part of me that longs to go back to church and be part of that community. I'd like for my girls to be part of it but each time I'm ready to go back something like this happens and I get so angry and frustrated that I can't bring myself to go when I so vehemently disagree with so much.  The sad part is that I know so many of the people who attend do NOT feel this way.

I just won't believe that what He cares about is how we expand our families or who we choose to build or families with.

Ok, I'm hopping down from my soapbox.  Wow, two venting posts in a week...  NO MORE for a while!




1 comment:

Angie said...

"I just won't believe that what He cares about is how we expand our families or who we choose to build or families with."

Love this. So much.