background

Friday, April 20, 2012

Saved!

I'm sure you can tell by yesterday's post that I was in a FOUL mood!  When I got to Sheri's to pick the girls up Lucy was asleep.  She woke up a bit later and she was mad too.  She's usually so happy when she wakes up, but if she gets woken up before she's ready that's a different story.  I'd planned to take the girls to Joann's to look for fabric for a couple of chairs I'm redoing but didn't want to risk her screaming the entire time.

I decided we'd just go home, but I didn't want just another after school afternoon and Jim wasn't going to be home until late.  I asked Stella how she'd feel about a girls movie night and an easy dinner.  She said, "like a movie before dinner?"  She was pretty excited and starting talking really fast planning out the rest of our day.  

First: go upstairs and put on our pajamas
Second: turn on a movie
Third: have cereal on TV trays (she thinks eating on TV trays is a pretty cool deal)

 Lula Bug isn't old enough for movies so I wasn't sure how our plan was going to go.  Turns out she was completely happy with some girl time on the couch.  She happily ate her Cheerios and then got a little crazy on the couch.  She was bouncing from one end to the other, snuggling (my personal favorite):
 Tickling:

 Dancing and clapping:
 Standing and climbing on the arms of the couch(follow shortly by almost falling off - averted by a nice save by Mama):
 After 45 minutes or an hour we were all feeling better and managed a bit of play time.  At 6 it was time for Lucy's bottle and then one of my favorite things, prayers with everybody touching everybody.
 After Lucy was in bed Stella and I had our snuggle and cocoa time.  I'm not quite sure how our routine is going to work when the girls have to go to bed at the same time.  It's so perfect right now that Stella gets her Mama snuggle time by herself.  I guess we'll find a new normal.
 We read a library book.  Hailstones and Halibut Bones that Kelle had recommended it but I'm not a big poetry kind of girl so I thought we'd check it out first.  I actually really liked it
Not long after being home all was forgotten and I was completely relaxed which isn't exactly typical for that time of day.  The 4-5 hour tends to be one of the roughest at our house.  We're trying to get home, get everyone settled, get dinner made/eaten, etc and all any of us really want/need is some quiet time spent with each other.  If only we could eat cereal for dinner every night!  There'd also be a lot less dishes to do after they go to bed... BONUS!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love snuggle time with my nieces. And i love cereal for dinner. :)