background

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm jumping on...

the blog train. It seems that every knitter has a blog these days so I thought I should try it out. I'm not a witty writer and I don't take amazing photographs (although I'd love to) so I'm not sure who will want to read this blog, but I think it will be fun for me.

Jim and I were married 8 1/2 years ago now. Our funny, stubborn, and beautiful daughter Stella was born in December of 2007. (We had a fantastic Ladybug birthday party for her over winter vacation.) Once Dad showed her what to do she got into it. I love her sparkly cake shirt. She had a sweet little ladybug dress for the actual party.


I love to knit, and though I wish I had some new finished object to show you each week I also have a full time job teaching high school math. I seriously hope that those of you that crank them out are either stay at home mom's, don't have little ones trying to eat your needles or play tug-o-war with your yarn, or both. I don't know how people do it. I'm currently working on Salina in Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool and February Lady Sweater is tucked away someplace waiting to be finished for spring. (My initial goal was to finish it by fall - HA!)

I'm not true to many crafts. I sometimes sew, have been known to bead, am trying to learn to crochet so I can make Stella this adorable hat, and I've recently begun stamping jewelry. I even have my very own Etsy shop. In fact, if I ever get anyone read this post I will send a Mom's Sterling Washer Necklace to the first person who leaves a comment. Anyone?

Now, let's see if any of my links work!

2 comments:

Clumsy Knitter said...

Welcome to blogland! And don't feel bad about not having lots of FOs...I can get away with it because I'm currently unemployed. ;-)

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh I can't wait to see Salina,that is a gorgeous knit!