background

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Countdowns

*Ok, I DID preview this and I have NO IDEA what's going on with the type!  I know other people are hating the blogger update, maybe it has something to do with that...???

We had 2 AMAZING days of weather last weekend.  Saturday we got and planted veggies in our garden.  Jim made it bigger this year and I can't wait to enjoy our crops all summer.  It's also getting more and more fun to have Stella help.  She loves it and I love that we're giving her something that hopefully she'll continue with her own family some day.

Sunday we took the girls to the spring fair.  It was the perfect day for it.  In hindsight, it may not have been the best idea though.  Lula bug hadn't been feeling very well all week and by that afternoon they both had fevers.  Our great day ended with a trip to urgent care.  (Lucy had been batting at her ears for several days so we wanted to be sure she didn't have an ear infection.)

I spent Monday home with the girls.  I've never used this many days of sick leave over the course of 3 years!

I must say though that being home with them and having had three suck beautiful days has turned my thoughts to summer vacation.  It's a bit premature, but I did a little countdown...

Get-ups (the only one that REALLY matters):  37

Lunches to take: 33

Non-jeans days:  19  :)

Mondays:  7

I'm so ready!  Are you a crazy countdown person like me?  I know I'm not the only one out there!  If you're in another district, when is your last day?

Saturday morning started with smoothies for breakfast.  Stella will never eat, but she's always quite happy to drink her calories.

Stella had a blast helping me plant all of our veggies in the garden.  When Lucy woke up from her nap I made her a little water tub to play in.  It will be SO much nicer to spend time outside when she's a full-time walker.
We had a lot of fun at the fair even though the big slide (Stella's favorite) was closed.  She got to go on the kid's big slide all by herself!  She went on the ferriswheel with Jim.  I was dying to know how she was doing when they got stuck at the top.  Turns out she did better than her Daddy.  :)  Lu just loves being outside so I knew she'd do well.  We were there past naptime though so eventually she got moved from her stroller to her Ergo where she got to snuggle mama and take a little bit of a snooze.


Stella got to play a fishing game and won a little yellow pup.  Eventually, she decided she wanted to use one of her rides to win a matching dog for Lucy.  BEST. BIG. SISTER. EVER!!!!!!!!!  They seriously make me cry!

 As you can see, things went downhill quickly that very afternoon...


 Luckily, it seems everybody is on the mend now!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Our last day in Lake Wa is the 26th!! Ugh! When is yours? (Can't do that math right now...:))
I've been home sick since Wednesday (minus going in yesterday until 11 so I wouldn't abandon my kids for the reading MSP). I hear you on the sick days...I feel SO guilty all the time for how many I use. Between me and the kids (and my hubby and parents help, too) for sickness and appointments, it's a good thing we get 12 a year!
Hope your little ones are feeling better. :( No fun at all.
You have inspired me to get our raised bed going...I was just saying to my hubby last night that we need to hurry before it's too late for the year - thanks! ;)