background

Friday, February 20, 2009

One of "those" days

I've had a little list of things/stories I was going to tell and pictures to post but I just don't have it in me today.


Warning: pet bowels discussed ahead!


My little old lady (she's nine). Had a case of the runs Wednesday night. I had to get up 3 times to let her out. I left for work yesterday and my husband (who is the much harder dog "parent") was going to make her stay outside all day. It was pretty mild out so I knew she'd be ok, but still, she's not an outdoor dog so I was feeling bad for her. Well, at the last minute he had a change of heart (which he often does with them.) He called on his way home and told me he'd left her in. He said, "I hope you get home before me in case she went in the house." I figured he makes things out to be a bigger deal than they are, I'm sure she's fine now. We got home at the same time and while I was getting Stella out of the car he went inside and then immediately came back out. I was AWFUL!!! I can't even begin to tell you how bad it really was. I spent most of the night cleaning up and then gave her a bath. He wanted to leave her outside last night but it was going to freeze and I wasn't comfortable with it so we put her in the downstairs bathroom, laundry room. He came in this morning while I was in the shower and I was crossing my fingers that she was doing better... nope. The bathroom and laundry room were AWFUL!!! She is hurting so much (I'll edit out some of the details here). So, I had to stay home today. We're going to the vet at 10:45 (I hope we get there without any disasters) and tomorrow we're having our carpets cleaned.


I'm scared! I've known a lot of people who've lost pets to things that started out similarly to this. She's nine which is getting older, but not THAT old. She was my first "baby". Poor Murphy is upset too. He doesn't even want to be inside without her. Cross your fingers for us and if you're into praying for pets we could use all of the prayers/positive thoughts we can get right now. I'll leave you with a picture of my first "kids". They fight for the spot at our feet when we sit at the counter on the computer. Our little sickie is on the left, her brother (literally) on the right.

No comments: