background

Monday, September 12, 2011

My favorite moments

Of course I'm a huge fan of things like family vacations, holidays, etc, but some of my very favorite Mama moments are the little everyday things.  I thrive on the small stolen moments with my girls. Most nights Stella falls asleep after having her 1 show, 1 book, and 2 hot cocoas (instant breakfast) on my lap.  I know I should take her straight up to bed, but I usually sit there with her for at least 30 minutes just snuggling her and smelling her hair.  I fear the day will come all too soon she won't want to sit on my lap every night.  Last night I took her to bed awake and she tried to stall me by just talking.  It was fine with me and I just laid there by her whispering.  These are the things I'll miss most when she's grown.  She has the sweetest soul of anyone I know.

It's the little things that make me so very grateful to be on this journey with my loves.  "Talking" in bed in the morning with Lucy while the rest of the house is quiet after nursing laying down (LOVE that!), rocking her in her chair after she eats in the quiet of the night, feeling Stella snuggle up in her sleep in the middle of the night, Stella coming running into my arms crying MAMA on the rare occasion she gets up on her own in the morning, Lucy's sweet breathe and the feel of her fuzzy head tickling my nose.  I love it all, every second. 

The rest of this post is mostly pictures because that is, after all, why I'm doing this.  I've been putting it off until I get them edited, but things have gotten so busy and I'd rather get them posted unedited than wait and never get it done!

Crummy cell phone pic.  Stella runs up to Lucy's room when she wakes after a nap and crawls into her crib to sing to her and make her happy until I get up there.  The love between these two girls blows me away every day.  I'm so blessed to be able to witness it and so happy that we didn't get the boy we hoped for.  I wouldn't want to miss watching this relationship grow for anything.


All 3 girls at the beach on Easter weekend (yes, this picture is that old!)
 Happy jumping girl.
 Happy cousins - I love the way they're looking at each other and laughing.
 Daddy and his girl.
 Helping with yard work.
 An old pic of Lu, I can't believe how much she's changed!
 Jim wanted me to have my camera ready and then fed Stella sour patch kids.  We laugh everytime!


 And finally, way too many shots of Stella "modeling".  I made this bandana dress thinking that she could wear it as a shirt with black leggings and then Lucy could wear it when she gets bigger.  I was informed that it is not long enough and doesn't meet her twirl criteria.  What a picky little one.  I included so many to show the progression of her poses, it cracks me up!










No comments: