background

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Busy with all things summer

It's so great having both spouses have summer vacation off! We're all having ridiculous amounts of fun. Here's a little picture diary of just SOME of the summer activities we've been enjoying:

Hanging out with Dad in the monster truck.

Cooling off in the pool and/or sprinkler.

Sidewalk chalk.
Mama's little helper.
Our new t-ball/bat.
Ice cream cones.
You can't see them very well, but I made hanging candle holders out of shakers from the $ store to go above our patio table. Seriously ups the cozy factor!
Helping a friend with decorations for her blow - out (and by that I mean wedding)
Picking strawberries...
to make 2 batches of freezer jam and to freeze a ton for smoothies!
Picnic at the beach. (one of my personal favorites)
4th of July view from my aunt and uncles deck
Enjoying the show with Nona. I wasn't sure how she'd do but she LOVED them! She kept clapping and saying, "YAY" and "more"
I'm thinking that posts are going to be pretty infrequent - I just can't seem to bring myself to spend the time doing it with so many other things calling me!

4 comments:

HT said...

LOVE the candles! Those turned out so well!

Sherry @ This Young House said...

Ooh your candle holders look LLOVVVELLLY! Thanks so much for sharing the link. And of course Stella stole our heart the moment we popped over. Adorable!

xo,
Sherry (& John)

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Cute blog.

kate said...

were the candle holders salt shakers? I should go check it out. Our pergola needs alot of help these days getting 'warmed up'. I need to get some hanging plants too. But that's not too high on the list of things to do right now with a baby coming, but still good inspiration.