background

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just a few of the reasons

I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a little girl! I'm so thrilled to have a little pal to do things with. At almost 19 months my little lovely loves to help cook, clean, and sew. I'm sure she'd love to do other crafts too if I let her. (Yes, I realize I would have loved a boy, but I'm pretty sure the list would be different.)
I'm not really a girly girl, but it's sure fun to dress her up!
She likes to dress herself up too... She's just now getting big enough to enjoy some quiet cuddling time again. We spent almost an hour that morning with her laying on me. Believe me, I soaked up every second of it!Plus, you can't make nearly as cute of little outfits for boys! I made this dress Sunday and she wore it that night to a family dinner. Sweet Jim says it's his favorite thing I've ever made (any clothes I make for her look SO stinking cute though - that's just what she does!) She's at that age where it's tough to get her to hold still for pics, so here's the best I could do. (She's putting "powder" on Uncle Jeff)

I new I wanted to make a 70's looking dress with this fabric, and I LOVE sewing with the elastic thread. I think I may even use it for a skirt for myself! I know I'll be saving this dress... maybe one day she'll use it for a little one of her own.

There's been so much other fun stuff, but this post is getting out of control. I will leave you with pics of one of our new favorite things... OUTSIDE SHOWERS!!! We hook up a hose to the kitchen sink to get warm water and she takes a shower in the back yard. She LOVES it (and I would too if there weren't neighbors all around!) Plus, I don't have to be up in the bathroom with her taking a bath. It's WAY too hot for that these days.

2 comments:

Clumsy Knitter said...

That dress is super cute. And the outdoor shower idea is fantastic! Too bad the rest of us aren't young enough to get away with it. ;-)

Liz Harrell said...

SO precious!