background

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thank you's

I feel like I have so much to blog about and such little time! We way overworked ourselves over Christmas "vacation", but the results made it all worth it. Some home renovations and a pretty little party for a pretty little darling.
But... I wanted to share an idea with you if you are just a bit behind on your thank you cards. I don't do this for ours, but I love the ideas for Stella's thank you cards. I make mine in Publisher (I LOVE Publisher), but you could also use something like Picasa which is a great free program to download and edit pictures.

For each card I opened a 4x6 blank page and inserted a picture (my goal is to have a picture of Stella with the gift). Then I added the rectangle, filled in the color, and finally a text box. I try to have the colors go with the picture and type my little "thank you". Then, I save it as a jpeg and upload to a photo printing site. I used Walgreens today and they were ready within an hour. I typically use A6 envelopes from Michaels, but they're a bit pricey and it's out of my way. This time I picked up a box of 50 invitation envelopes from Wallys and they'll fit perfectly.

While I'm as big a fan of a hand-written note as the next gal, I like to think that the people who took the time to pick out a gift for her enjoy getting a picture with their note.

Since her birthday and Christmas are so close together (4 days), I decided to try something new for her birthday thank you cards this year. If I were to do them again I'd tweak them a bit, but I was pretty happy with how they turned out. I'll try to get those up in the next day or two!

No comments: